At Pure Finance, we’re a Sydney-based mortgage and loan advisory firm, but we like to do things a little differently. We are a certified B Corporation and believe that a financial services company can (and should) exist for the benefit of its customers, the community and the planet. We embrace flexibility and diversity, and we like to hire outside of the financial sector and you can find out a bit more about our team here.
No costume, no worries. But enough about us, let’s talk about you…
IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST:
- Help people navigate and achieve their financial goals like buying a property, starting a business, or buying a car. This includes supporting a customer from the initial inquiry phase to the day they make the purchase
- Analyze clients’ financial information to understand their goals and needs, and provide tailored financial proposals (don’t worry, we’ll teach you everything!)
- Prepare easy-to-understand, jargon-free financial solutions for our clients to help them make informed financial decisions
- Help customers by phone or email with their questions
- Assist existing clients to review, maintain and adjust their loan facilities
- Contribute to the team internally by sharing ideas and suggestions on how we can continually improve our service and processes
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL IDEALLY:
- Be based in Sydney
- Be prepared to study a certificate in finance and mortgage brokerage (at work we will cover this)
- Have very strong written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to distill and clearly explain concepts in a jargon-heavy industry)
- Be able to attend our office in Surry Hills for the duration of the 6 month trial period, with the possibility of more flexible working arrangements available after this period
- Be comfortable performing a series of basic calculations (calculator provided!)
- Be detail oriented and incredibly organized to manage multiple priorities
- Exercise good judgment and be able to keep client information confidential
- Be energetic and ready to try anything
- Be passionate about equality, justice and making finance a force for good
- Have innovative ideas on how we can make Pure Finance even better
- Be able to solve problems effectively and ready to lend a hand where needed
- Be happy to help where you need it, not just take care of their “patch”
IT WILL BE A BONUS IF YOU:
- Have experience volunteering or contributing to community projects
- Have experience in customer service and community management
- Have experience using CRM and maintaining customer records
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time position (38 hours per week) with a base salary of $55,000+ super with the possibility of salary increases in the first 6-12 months.
At Pure Finance, we work hard but we also like to enjoy the finer things in life. That’s why we’re happy to offer you, our newest team member, a few perks that will make it easier for you to show up and perform at your best, including:
- An additional week of paid leave on top of your 10 sick days, 10 personal/caregiver days and 4 weeks vacation
- 50 hours per year (paid) volunteering for causes you care about
- 12% retirement pension
- Free personal financial counseling services from our friends at Fox & Hare Wealth to improve financial literacy
- Opportunities for growth and development in your role with the ability to take on additional responsibilities and projects in the future. Our small business is growing and we are looking for someone who wants to grow with us!
The world is facing great challenges and our industry must be at the forefront of change. This change starts with us. This change starts with you.
Submit a one-page cover letter or record a short video explaining why you are the person we are looking for and why you are passionate about making finance a force for good. Please also include a short sample email for new Pure Finance clients that showcases your communication style.
Applications can be sent to [email protected]
The successful candidate will ideally start in February/March.